The Library of BITS Vizag was developed to keep up Standards. The library is spacious and well-protected with security system. Specialized collections of Books, Journals & Non-book materials are available in Engineering & Technology, Basic Sciences, and Management Sciences. It is replete with 20,000 volumes of books, more than 500 Journal Back Volumes.
The Library contributes to the fulfillment of the Institution’s mission by selecting, acquiring, organizing, maintaining and making accessible a collection of printed and non-printed, primary and secondary materials that will support the educational, research programs to the fullest.
- Providing library users with point-of-use instruction, personal assistance in conducting literature research and other reference services.
- Providing an environment conducive to the optimum use of library materials and an appropriate schedule of hours of service and professional assistance.
- Participating in overall computing resources plan and providing for full library utilization of automation technology, physical facilities and equipment adequate to process, catalogue and store the materials.
- Enhancing the library’s resources and services through cooperative relationship with other libraries and agencies.
Monday – Saturday
- Working Hours – 9.00am. to 4.30pm
- Transactions – 9.30 am. to 4.00 pm.
- Digital Library – 9.00 am. to 4.00 pm