Electronics and Communication Engineering - OverView
Electronics and Communication engineering department aims to empower the budding engineers to meet current and imminent challenges in creative research and employment with technological excellence.
- To provide all necessary inputs to excel in domain knowledge both in theory and practical.
- To provide creativity, development activities, integration, sharing and applying knowledge about electronics and communication technologies.
- To provide the opportunities for innovation & collaborative research with industry and academia.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES(PEOs)
- To practice in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering in a responsible, highly commendable, and in a ethical manner in the general areas like electronics circuit design, advanced communication systems used in industrial and government organizations which is useful to the society.
- To possess the necessary communication and leadership skills to function effectively in a professional multi-disciplinary environment, to cater the need for the industry.
- To exhibit success in solving complex technical problems in a broad range of disciplines subject to quality engineering processes, team work activities, and professional ethics.
- Continue to develop professionally through life-long learning, advanced education, and other creative pursuits in advanced technology, which can be exposed to the global level.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
- Capable of successfully qualifying in national level competitive examinations for higher studies and employment.
- The ability to comprehend the basic concepts of electronics and apply them in the day to day life to design and execute complete engineering systems in signal processing, communications and computer networks, etc.
About The Department
The Department Of Electronics and Communication Engineering came into existence at the faculty of Engineering in 2009 at Bitsvizag. Rapidly changing needs of telecommunication industry coupled with indispensible need for Electronics has fabricated this specific branch of recent times . Apart from the prescribed curriculum, students at Bitsvizag are kept in close contact with the industry to make them capable of talking their professional challenges with else. The Department Of Electronics and Communication Engineering, imparts maximum knowledge to students and nourishes them to capable engineer with high level of talent, professional ethics and creativity.
The major goal of the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering is to produce highly knowledgeable, competent and resourceful young engineers who can perform well in a wide variety of job profiles. To achieve this, curriculum provides a strong foundation in both the analytic and technological aspects of E&C Engineering. It also provides ample opportunities to students to work on mini-projects, develop communication skills, explore internship opportunities in industry and world-class universities and take part in national and international design contests.
Electronics and Communication engineering is one of the best course in the field of engineering. This article provides Career Guidance, Choices, Career development strategies, Job Opportunities, Salary and Skills Required in the field of Electronics and Communication for ECE students to make a successful career. Ece students have jobs in both Private Sector as well as Public Sector.
Electronics and Communications Engineers cover a whole spectrum of fields including Civilian; Military industries concerned with the generation and transmission of signals, Designing Electronics & Communications Equipment, circuits such as TV’s, VCR’s, Computers and Satellite Communications Systems, Electromagnetic Radiation and Develop Instrumentation used in radar and sonar systems.
Electronics Engineers are also absorbed into the Entertainment Transmission Industry, Research Establishments And Defense. They can also take up teaching and research in one of the many engineering colleges in India or Abroad.
Examination (ESE) Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) students or graduates get following jobs.
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts).
- Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence
- Central Power Engg. Service, Group ‘A’ [Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Service].
- Indian Inspection Service (Asst.Dir. Grade-I)
- Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. ‘A’.
- Junior Telecom Officer [General Central Service Group ‘B’ Gazetted Non- Ministerial]
The scope of course gives enormous job opportunities in Electronics and Software Companies. All Electronic devices need software interface to run and come with one other or other device controlling programs architected and developed by electronics and communication engineering. It also gives great opportunities for research and development, as everyday consumer need new devices to support them in daily life.
Electronics and Communication Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like Dmrc, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, Nvidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, Air, BSNL, Indian air force, Indian navy, railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics.