NATIONAL SERVICE SCHEME (NSS)
NSS provides an excellent opportunity to the students who desire to serve the community and to develop interpersonal relationships and skills.
Objective of NSS
“Serve the downtrodden in the society” and “Personality Development through Community Service”.
The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need of selfless service and appreciation of the other man’s point of view and also consideration for fellow human beings.
NSS symbol is based on the “Rath Wheel” of the Konark Sun Temple of Orissa. The giant wheel portrays the cycles of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The design of the symbol, a simplified form of Sun Chariot Wheel primarily depicts movement. The wheel signifies the progressive cycle of life. It also stands for dynamism and progressive outlook of youth.
Bits Ribbon Club – RRC
- The BRC unit is functioning effectively in the campus since the year 2015.
- It has 100 volunteers from all the branches.
- The objective of BITS RIBBON CLUB is to donate blood.
- Students of BRC have donated blood to various hospitals.
Bits Red Cross Society – BRC
The Bits Red Cross Society (BRC) is the most important constituent of its parent organization Indian Red Cross Society.
The main objectives of the BRC movement is based on the principles of protection of health and life, service to the sick and suffering, promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of youth.
Objectives of Bits Red Cross:
- To inculcate in the Youth of our country
- Awareness on the care of their own health and that of others
- Understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.
Activities by NSS, RRC and BRC:
- Cleaning Awareness Camp.
- Dengue Awareness Camp.
- Blood Donation Camp
- Campus Cleaning.
- Orphanage Home Service.
- Eye Screening Camp
|Faculty In- Charge:||Mr.BORA SURI VENKATA REDDY, Dept of CSE
Mr.P.K.SURESH, Dept of ECE